Welcome to Ripley FBC. We are glad you dropped by to check us out online. We hope your online experience will give you a taste of who we are and why we love this place and this community.
This page is a simple introduction to what you can expect during a typical church gathering depending on what time you attend. If you choose to join us on a Sunday, we will make every effort to create an enjoyable experience for you as our valued guest.
Sunday Morning Small Group Experience: 9:15 am
- FBC Nursery (6 weeks – 4 years) is on the first floor
- KidsTown Groups (K-2nd grades and 3rd-5th grades) meet on the third floor
- FBC Students (6th-12th grades) meet on the second floor
- Adult Small Groups – Various groups meet on the first and second floors
- These groups are designed to help you grow deeper with God and with others in the church. We have small groups for every stage of life as well as ones that are multi-generational. You are welcome to try any group, even if it doesn’t fit your age or stage of life. Feel free to try several before choosing the one that fits you best.
Sunday Morning Worship Experience: 10:30 am
- FBC Nursery (6 weeks – 4 years) on the first floor
- Worship Gathering (K-Adults)
Sunday Nights: 5:15 pm
- Corporate Prayer Service
Sunday Nights: 6:00 pm
- dGroups for Adults and Students
Wednesday Offerings: 6:00
- KidsTown Worship (K-5th grades) meets in the Family Life Center
- The Stand (6th-12th grades) meets on the bottom floor of the main bldg
- Prayer Gathering (Adults)
What should I Expect during Sunday Morning Worship?
Our Sunday Morning Worship Experience at Ripley FBC includes worship music and a message. At times there will also be use of media, drama, and special music to keep things interesting. Our music is led by a praise team and a choir. We strive to have a blended worship experience, so that we connect with God through the truths of the older hymns of the faith and the passion of some of the songs we hear on the radio today. The message is always focused on addressing real issues that people face in their daily lives. You can expect to be both encouraged and challenged by Pastor Matt. The Worship Experience lasts for approximately 70 minutes. Our goal is for you to feel welcomed and encouraged by all at Ripley First Baptist, and as our guest, please know that we do not expect you to participate in the offering. We don’t expect anything from you; we are just grateful that you came.
How early should I arrive?
If you are bringing children, plan on arriving 10 minutes before small groups or the worship experience starts. That will give you time to park, check your kids in to their worship environments, and then for you to get settled before the group or service begins.
What should I wear?
We may be a “First Baptist Church”, but at Ripley FBC you will find a variety of fashion styles. Some will indeed wear their ‘Sunday best’, but many others will be in khakis or jeans. If the weather is warm enough, don’t be surprised to see a few people in shorts too.
What will my kids experience?
FBC Nursery (6 weeks – 4 years old) - Sundays @ 9:15, 10:30
- Our goals are to give you peace of mind as you drop off your little ones, while we teach every child God loves them, God made them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
KidsTown Small Groups (K-2nd grades and 3rd-5th grades) - 9:15 a.m.
- KidsTown Small Groups provide a fun, biblical, age appropriate lesson that stems from KidsTown Worship on the previous Wednesday night. These groups provide a greater growing opportunity alongside a more personal, small group time with adult leaders.
(All of our KidsTown activities meet on the third floor, which was decorated specifically with our kids in mind. We love to hear and see the expressions from kids when they first see what KidsTown is all about!)
FBC Students (6th-12th grades)- 9:15 a.m.
- FBC Students is a small group bible study environment where our middle school and high school students learn from one another how the Bible applies daily to their lives.
dGroups (6th-12th grades) 6:00 p.m.
- dGroups provide a gender based small group environment where our students learn to ‘do life’ together. It is in these small groups where our students are encouraged and challenged to not merely be a spiritual ‘spectator’, but an influencer and leader in spiritual matters. They challenge one another to grow in their relationship with Jesus and in influencing others with the Gospel.
KidsTown Worship (K-5th grades) Wednesdays @ 6:00 p.m.
- KidsTown Worship is our large group worship for kids. Combined with KidsTown Small Groups on Sunday mornings, our goal for this environment is that when our kids reach middle school, they will know three things: I need to make the wise choice, I can trust God no matter what, and I should treat others like I want to be treated.
The Stand (6th-12th grades) Wednesdays @ 6:00 on the bottom floor of the main bldg
- The Stand is the large group worship environment for our middle and high school students. During The Stand our students worship together to contemporary songs that connect with teenagers, and they are challenged to begin a walk with Christ or to grow in their walk by Student Pastor Alex. Students from different family backgrounds, church backgrounds, and social backgrounds are consistently found participating in The Stand.
What if I want to learn more about Ripley FBC?
If you’re interested in learning more about who we are, please visit other pages on our website, or be our guest on a Sunday morning. Don't hesitate to grab Pastors Matt and/or Alex, and ask them anything you would like to know. Our pastors always welcome the opportunity to meet new people and talk about what God is doing at Ripley FBC.